Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Traditionally Handsome

 






Hey look at these different pictures of the same drawing from a page of Invincible (the comic book).  I stumbled across these bad boys on my phone recently and it really made me miss working traditionally with a pen on a paper.  This story arc, Invincible #s 92-96, was the last time that I used this method on sequential pages (unless I'm quite mistaken) before switching to a digital workflow.

Sometimes I wonder how differently I would draw today had I not made that transition.  My work shifted drastically (I think) when I started inking myself in the early days of Invincible and similarly, working digitally must have put me on a path that has altered my stylistic growth. Always cool and healthy to dwell on the path not taken, am I right?

AND don't misunderstand me, I don't think one is better than the other when it comes to digital vs traditional.  That's not what this is about. I certainly don't think you're more or less of an artist if you use one over the other.  Ultimately, it comes down to what aspects of the process you find value in.  Be cool, make pictures however you want.

Anyway, who cares. 

TTFN