Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Alan the Alen

 



Hey look at this Allen the Alien I drew.

Since the cover for the Invincible New Edition Vol. 4 is out there and available to public eyes, I thought I would post some process stuff that is not very process-y because it's not a complex concept and not very process intensive but there were sketches that vary slightly from one another so check them out ok.  Please.  


So this is obviously just an alternate lighting take on what became the final.  Also here, you can see hints of the Kanzlok that I had originally toyed with the idea of including on the cover.  Ultimately though it didn't really support the threatening vibe we were going for.


And here is an option for a closer crop, which was obviously too much.

Going even further backwards, here's the earliest sketch of what would be the final, minus the Kanzlok.


Along with that first sketch, I had also done a more friendly approach, again with the Kanzlok but this didn't feel right. As much as I love a grinning goofball the more dramatic option felt like it would be more of an attention-getter. 

bye