Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Six Thousand Is a Crowd



Hey look at this flap-headed space gladiator I drew.

Hard to believe, but Invincible (the comic) ended with issue #144 six years ago today on Feb 14, 2018, but since then a lot has happened with Invincible (the...thing? beyond the comic. you get it) and I'm looking forward to seeing what more happens with Invincible The Thing in the next six years.

I don't have a lot of behind the scenes stuff to share that hasn't been published/seen already, so I will just talk briefly about this spread that I did for issue #144.


Believe it or not, I didn't have a good time drawing this.  I think I was already behind, as ever, and just couldn't visualize what I wanted the space to look like etc etc etc etc.  So working on it was miserable but in the end, I am happy enough with how it turned out (thanks in no small part to the color magic of Nathan Fairbairn).  Part of my problem was that I zoom in too far when drawing digitally, so I have this crowd that wasn't worth spending as much time on as I did because they probably printed too small to even perceive. SO! I thought it would be fun to put some shots of them on the ol' blog so y'all can take a look at them and maybe even like one or two of them.  Sound cool?  Ok nice let's do it.





Ok was this fun?  



Oh. 

ok bye then